|2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000|
|List of Publications (2013)|
- Agrawal L, Narula K, Basu S, Shekhar S, Ghosh S, Datta A, Chakraborty N and Chakraborty S (2013) Comparative proteomics reveals a role for seed storage protein, AmA1 in cellular growth, development and nutrient accumulation. J. Proteome Res. 12: 4904-4930.
- Augustine R*, Arya GC*, Nambiar DM, Kumar R, and Bisht NC (2013) Translational genomics in Brassica crops: challenges, progress, and future prospects. Plant Biotechnology Reports. (In Press).
- Augustine R, Majee M, Gershenzon J, Bisht NC (2013) Four genes encoding MYB28, a major transcriptional regulator of aliphatic glucosinolate pathway, are differentially expressed in the allopolyploid Brassica juncea. J. Exp. Bot. (In Press).
- Augustine R, Mukhopadhyay A, Bisht NC (2013) Targeted silencing of BjMYB28 transcription factor gene directs development of low glucosinolate lines in oilseed Brassica juncea. Plant Biotechnology Journal. 11: 855-866.
- Bhattacharjee A, Jain M (2013) Homeobox genes as potential candidates for crop improvement under abiotic stress. In: Tuteja N, Gill SS (eds.), Plant Acclimation to Environmental Stress, Springer Science+Business Media, New York, USA, pp 163-176.
- Bhattacharjee A, Jain M (2013) Transcription factor mediated abiotic stress signaling in rice. Plant Stress 7: 16-25.
- Bhatt D, Saxena SC, Jain S, Dobriyal AK, Majee M and Arora S (2013) Cloning, expression and functional validation of drought inducible ascorbate peroxidase (Ec-apx1) from Eleusine coracana. Mol. Biol. Rep. (In Press).
- Chakraborty N, Ghosh R, Ghosh S, Narula K, Tayal R, Datta A and Chakraborty S (2013) Reduction of oxalate levels in tomato fruit and consequent metabolic remodeling following overexpression of a fungal oxalate decarboxylase. Plant Physiol. 162: 364-378.
- Das A and Parida SK (2013) Advances in biotechnological applications in three important food legumes. Plant Biotechnology Reports (In Press).
- Deswal R, Gupta R, Dogra V, Singh R, Abat JK, Sarkar A, Mishra Y, Rai V, Sreenivasulu Y, Amalraj RS, Raorane M, Chaudhary RP, Kohli A, Giri AP, Chakraborty N, Zargar SM, Agrawal VP, Agrawal GK, Job D, Renaut J and Rakwal R (2013) Plant proteomics in India and Nepal: current status and challenges ahead. Physiol. Mol. Biol. Plants (In Press).
- Dixit N, Dokku P, Amitha Mithra SV, Parida SK, Singh AK, Singh NK and Mohapatra T (2013) Haplotype structure in grain weight gene GW2 and its association with grain characteristics in rice. Euphytica (In Press).
- Dutta A, Sen J and Deswal R (2013) New evidences about strictosidine synthase (Str) regulation by salinity, cold stress and nitric oxide in Catharanthus roseus. J. Plant Biochem. Biotechnol. 22: 124-131.
- Gangappa SN and Chattopadhay S (2013) MYC2 differentially regulates GATA-box conaining promoters during seedlling development in Arabidopsis. Plant Dignal. Behav. 8: e25679.
- Gangappa SN, Maurya JP, Yadav V and Chattopadhyay S (2013) The regulation of the Z- and G-box containing promoters by light signaling components, SPA1 and MYC2, in Arabidopsis. PLoS One 8: e62194.
- Garg B, Puranik S, Misra S, Tripathi BN and Prasad M (2013) Transcript profiling identifies novel transcripts with unknown functions as primary response components to osmotic stress in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Plant Cell Tiss. Organ Cult. 113: 91-101.
- Garg R and Jain M (2013) RNA-seq for transcriptome analysis in non-model plants. Methods Mol. Biol. 1069: 43-58.
- Garg R and Jain M (2013) Transcriptome analyses in legumes: A resource for functional genomics. The Plant Genome (In Press).
- Garg R, Verma M, Agrawal S, Shankar R, Majee M and Jain M (2013) Deep transcriptome sequencing of wild halophyte rice, Porteresia coarctata, provides novel insights into the salinity and submergence tolerance factors. DNA Res. (In Press).
- Ghangal R, Chaudhary S, Jain M, Purty RS and Sharma PC (2013) Optimization of de novo short read assembly of seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) transcriptome. PLoS One 8: e72516.
- Ghosh S, Rao KH, Bhavesh NS, Das G, Dwivedi VP and Datta A (2013) N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) inducible gene, GIG2, is a novel component of GlcNAc metabolism in Candida albicans. Eukaryot. Cell (In Press).
- Ghosh S, Singh UK, Meli VS, Kumar V, Kumar A, Irfan M, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S and Datta A (2013) Induction of senescence and identification of differentially expressed genes in tomato in response to monoterpene. PLoS One 8: e76029.
- Giri J, Dansana PK, Kothari KS, Sharma G, Vij S and Tyagi AK (2013) SAPs as novel regulators of abiotic stress response in plants. BioEssays (In Press).
- Gupta S, Kumari K, Muthamilarasan M, Subramanian A and Prasad M (2013) Development and utilization of novel SSRs in foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauv.]. Plant Breeding (In Press).
- Jaggi M, Gupta M, Tuteja N and Sinha AK (2013) Mitogen-activated protein kinases in abiotic stress tolerance in crop plants: "-omics" approaches. In: Tuteja N, Gill SS, Tuteja R (eds), Improving Crop Production in Sustainable Agriculture. Wiley-Blackwell, Germany, pp 107-132.
- Jain D and Chattopadhyay D (2013) Promoter of CaZF, a chickpea gene that positively regulates growth and stress tolerance, is activated by an AP2-family transcription factor CAP2. PLoS One 8: e56737.
- Jain D and Chattopadhyay D (2013) Role of DREB-Like proteins in improving stress tolerance of transgenic crops. In: Tuteja N, Gill SS (eds), Plant Acclimation to Environmental Stress. Springer Science, New York, USA, pp 147-162.
- Jain M, Misra G, Patel RK, Priya P, Jhanwar S, Khan AW, Shah N, Singh VK, Garg R, Jeena G, Yadav M, Kant C, Sharma P, Yadav G, Bhatia S, Tyagi AK and Chattopadhyay D (2013) A draft genome sequence of the pulse crop chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Plant Journal (In Press). DOI : 10.1111/tpj.12173.
- Jain M, Moharana KC, Shankar R, Kumari R and Garg R (2013) Genome-wide discovery of DNA polymorphisms in rice cultivars with contrasting drought and salinity stress response and their functional relevance. Plant Biotechnol. Journal (In Press).
- Jaiswal DK, Ray D, Choudhary MK, Subba P, Kumar A, Verma J, Kumar R, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2013) Comparative proteomics of dehydration response in the rice nucleus: new insights into the molecular basis of genotype-specific adaptation. Proteomics (In Press).
- Kamthan M, Kamthan A, Ruhela D, Maiti P, Bhavesh NS and Datta A (2013) Upregulation of galactose metabolic pathway by N-Acetylglucosamine induced endogenous synthesis of galactose in Candida albicans. Fungal Genet. Biol. (In Press).
- Kaur H, Verma P, Petla BP, Rao V, Saxena SC and Majee M (2013) Ectopic expression of the ABA-inducible dehydration-responsive chickpea L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase 2 (CaMIPS2) in Arabidopsis enhances tolerance to salinity and dehydration stress. Planta (In Press).
- Khurana R, Kapoor S and Tyagi AK (2013) Spatial and temporal activity of upstream regulatory regions of rice anther-specific genes in transgenic rice and Arabidopsis. Transgenic Res. (In Press).
- Khurana R, Kathuria H, Mukhopadhyay A, Kapoor S and Tyagi AK (2013) A 286 bp upstream regulatory region of a rice anther-specific gene, OSIPP3, confers pollen-specific expression in Arabidopsis. Biotechnol. Lett. (In Press).
- Kujur A, Bajaj D, Saxena MS, Tripathi S, Upadhyaya HD, Gowda CLL, Singh S, Jain M, Tyagi AK and Parida SK (2013) Functionally relevant microsatellite markers from chickpea transcription factor genes for efficient genotyping applications and trait association mapping. DNA Res. 20: 355-373.
- Kujur A, Saxena MS, Bajaj D, Laxmi and Parida SK (2013) Integrated genomics and molecular breeding approaches for dissecting the complex quantitative traits in crop plants. Journal of Biosciences 38: 1-17.
- Kumar A, Sharma V and Kumar S (2013) Interaction between cochleata and stipule-reduced mutations results in exstipulate hypertrophied leaves in Pisum sativum L.. Indian J. Exp. Biol. 51: 492-501.
- Kumar A, Sharma V, Khan M, Hindala MR and Kumar S (2013) Auxin transport inhibitor induced low complexity petiolated leaves and sessile leaf-like stipules and architectures of heritable leaf and stipule mutants in Pisum sativum suggest that its simple lobed stipules and compound leaf represent ancestral forms in angiosperms. J. Genet. 92: 25-61.
- Kumar A, Sharma V, Khan M, Tripathi BN and Kumar S (2013) Pisum sativum wild-type and mutant stipules and those induced by an auxin transport inhibitor demonstrate the entire diversity of laminated stipules observed in angiosperms. Protoplasma (In Press).
- Kumar K, Muthamilarasan M and Prasad M (2013) Reference genes for quantitative Real-time PCR analysis in the model plant foxtail millet (Setaria italica L.) subjected to abiotic stress conditions. Plant Cell, Tissue & Organ Culture 115: 13-22.
- Kumar K and Sinha AK (2013) Over expression of constitutively active mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 6 enhances tolerance to salt stress in rice. Rice 6: 25.
- Kumar K and Verma PK (2013) Plant pathogen interactions: crop improvement under adverse conditions. In: Tuteja N, Gill SS (eds), Plant Acclimation to Environmental Stress. Springer Science, New York, USA, pp 433-459.
- Kumar K, Wankhede DP and Sinha AK (2013) Signal convergence through the lenses of MAP kinases: paradigms of stress and hormone signaling in plants. Frontiers Biology. DOI 10.1007/s11515-012-1207-1 (In Press).
- Kumar K, Yadav S, Purayannur S, Verma PK (2013) An alternative approach in Gateway cloning when the bacterial antibiotic selection cassettes of the entry clone and destination vector are the same. Mol. Biotechnol. 54: 133-140.
- Kumar S, Kumari R, Sharma V and Sharma V (2013) Roles, and establishment, maintenance and erasing of the epigenetic cytosine methylation marks in plants. J. Genet. 92 (In Press).
- Kumar S, Kumari R, Sharma V and Yadav G (2013) Common and distinguishing characteristics of genes and genomes and their evolution in the genome sequenced legumes. Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad. 79: 277-286.
- Kumar S and Sharma V (2013) Abnormal Leaf morphologies associated with primary and secondary vein patterning defects in Catharanthus roseus: mid-vein defect converts simple leaf into binate compound leaf. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. India (In Press).
- Kumari K, Muthamilarasan M, Misra G, Gupta S, Subramanian A, Parida SK, Chattopadhyay D and Prasad M (2013) Development of eSSR-markers in Setaria italica and their applicability in studying genetic diversity, cross-transferability and comparative mapping in millet and non-millet species. PLoS One (In Press).
- Kumari R, Yadav G, Sharma V and Kumar S (2013) Cytosine hypomethylation at CHG and CHH sites in the pleiotropic mutants of Mendelian inheritance in Catharanthus roseus. J. Genet. (In Press).
- Kumari S, Priya P, Misra G and Yadav G (2013) Structural and biochemical perspectives in plant isoprenoid biosynthesis. Phytochemistry Reviews 12: 255-291.
- Kushwaha H, Gupta S, Singh VK, Bisht NC, Sarangi BK and Yadav D (2013) Cloning, In Silico Characterization and Prediction of Three Dimensional Structure of SbDof1, SbDof19, SbDof23 and SbDof24 Proteins from Sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench]. Mol. Biotechnol. (In Press).
- Kushwah S and Laxmi A (2013) The interaction between glucose and cytokinin signal transduction pathway in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell and Environment (In Press).
- Lata C, Gupta S and Prasad M (2013) Foxtail millet: A model crop for genetic and genomic studies in bioenergy grasses. Critical Reviews in Biotechnology (In Press).
- Lata C and Prasad M (2013) Association of an allele-specific marker with dehydration stress tolerance in foxtail millet suggests SiDREB2 to be an important QTL. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology. DOI 10.1007/s13562-013-0193-y Read ...
- Lata C and Prasad M (2013) Setaria genome sequencing: an overview. J. Plant Biochem. Biotechnol. (In Press).
- Lata C and Prasad M (2013) Validation of an allele-specific marker associated with dehydration stress tolerance in a core set of foxtail millet accessions. Plant Breeding (In Press).
- Muthamilarasan M and Prasad M (2013) Barley genome sequence emerges as a promising candidate in genetic research and breeding. Current Science 104: 998-999.
- Muthamilarasan M and Prasad M (2013) Cutting-edge research on plant miRNAs. Current Science. 104(3): 287-289. Read ...
- Muthamilarasan M and Prasad M (2013) Plant innate immunity: an updated insight in defense mechanism. Journal of Biosciences doi: 10.1007/s12038-013-9302-2. Read ...
- Muthamilarasan M and Prasad M (2013) Wheat genome sequencing: A milestone in cereal genomics and its future potentials. Current Science 104(3): 286. Read ...
- Muthamilarasan M, Venkata Suresh B, Pandey G, Kumari K, Parida SK and Prasad M (2013) Development of 5123 intron-length polymorphic markers for large-scale genotyping applications in foxtail millet. DNA Res. (In Press).
- Narula K, Datta A, Chakraborty N and Chakraborty S (2013) Comparative analyses of nuclear proteome: extending its function. Front. Plant Sc. 4: 100.
- Nayar S, Sharma R, Tyagi AK and Kapoor S (2013) Functional delineation of rice MADS29 reveals its role in embryo and endosperm development by affecting hormone homeostasis. J. Exp. Bot. (In Press).
- Pandey BK, Mehra P and Giri J (2013) Phosphorus starvation response in plants and opportunities for crop improvement. In: Tuteja N, Gill SS(eds), Climate Change and Abiotic Stress Tolerance. Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co, Weinheim, Germany, (In Press).
- Pandey G, Misra G, Kumari K, Gupta S, Parida SK, Chattopadhyay D and Prasad M (2013) Genome-wide development and use of microsatellite markers for large-scale genotyping applications in foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.)]. DNA Research 20: 197-207. Read ...
- Pasrija R and Thakur JK (2013) Tissue specific expression profile of Mediator genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal. Behav. 8: (In Press).
- Prasad M (2013) 9th Solanaceae Conference 2012. National Academy of Science Letters doi: 10.1007/s40009-012-0108-9 Read ...
- Priya P and Jain M (2013) RiceSRTFDB: A database of rice transcription factors containing comprehensive expression, cis-regulatory element and mutant information to facilitate gene function analysis. Database 2013: bat027.
- Puranik S and Prasad M (2013) Transcription Factors: Modulating plant adaption in the scenario of changing climate. In: Tuteja N & Gill SS (eds) Climate Change and Abiotic Stress Tolerance, Wiley, Germany (Accepted).
- Puranik S, Sahu PP, Mandal SN, Venkata Suresh B, Parida SK and Prasad M (2013) Comprehensive genome-wide survey, genomic constitution and expression profiling of the NAC transcription factor family in foxtail millet (Setaria italica L.). PLoS One (In Press).
- Raina SK, Wankhede DP and Sinha AK (2013) Catharanthus roseus mitogen-activated protein kinase 3 confers UV and heat tolerance to Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Plant Signal. Behav. (In Press).
- Ram H and Chattopadhyay S (2013) Molecular interaction of bZIP domains of GBF1, HY5 and HYH in Arabidopsis seedling development. Plant Signal. Behav. (In Press).
- Ram H, Priya P, Jain M and Chattopadhyay S (2013) Genome-wide DNA binding of GBF1 is modulated by its heterodimerizing protein partners, HY5 and HYH. Mol. Plant (In Press).
- Rao KH, Ghosh S, Natarajan K and Datta A (2013) N-acetylglucosamine kinase, HXK1 is involved in morphogenetic transition and metabolic gene expression in Candida albicans. PLoS One 8: e53638.
- Sahu PP, Pandey G, Sharma N, Puranik S, Muthamilarasan M and Prasad M (2013) Epigenetic mechanisms of plant stress responses and adaptation. Plant Cell Reports (In Press).
- Sahu PP, Sharma N, Puranik S, Muthamilarasan M and Prasad M (2013) Involvement of host regulatory pathways during geminivirus infection: a novel platform for generating durable resistance. Funct. Integr. Genomics (In Press).
- Saxena SC, Kaur H, Verma P, Petla BP, Rao V and Majee M (2013) Osmoprotectants: potential for crop improvement under adverse conditions. In: Tuteja N, Gill SS (eds), Plant Acclimation to Environmental Stress. Springer Science, New York, USA, pp 197-232.
- Saxena SC, Salvi P, Kaur H, Verma P, Petla BP, Rao V, Kamble N and Majee M (2013) Differentially expressed myo-inositol monophosphatase gene (CaIMP) in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) encodes a lithium-sensitive phosphatase enzyme with broad substrate specificity and improves seed germination and seedling growth under abiotic stresses. J. Exp. Bot. (In Press).
- Sengupta S, Das B, Prasad M, Acharyya P and Ghose TK (2013) A comparative survey of genetic diversity among a set of Caricaceae accessions using microsatellite markers. SpringerPlus 2: 345.
- Sharma N, Sahu PP, Puranik S and Prasad M (2013) Recent advances in plant-virus interaction with emphasis on small interfering RNAs (siRNAs). Mol. Biotechnol. 55: 63-77.
- Sharma R, Priya P and Jain M (2013) Modified expression of an auxin-responsive rice CC-type glutaredoxin gene affects multiple abiotic stress responses. Planta 238: 871-884.
- Sharma S, Verma S, Vasudevan M, Samanta S, Thakur JK and Kulshreshtha R (2013) The interplay of HuR and miR-3134 in regulation of AU rich transcriptome. RNA Biol. 10: 1283-1290.
- Sharma V and Kumar S (2013) Parallelismic homoplasy of leaf and stipule phenotypes among genetic variants of Pisum sativum and Medicago truncatula and some taxa of papilionoideae, caesalpinioideae and mimosoideae subfamilies of the leguminosae flora of Delhi. Plant Syst. Evol. 299: 887-911.
- Sharma V, Tripathi BN and Kumar S (2013) The lld mutation in Pisum sativum used as a genetic tool to discern the plant leaflet/leaf developmental process. Indian J. Exp. Biol. 51: 421-434.
- Sheikh AH, Raghuram B, Jalmi SK, Wankhede DP, Singh P and Sinha AK (2013) Interaction between two rice mitogen activated protein kinases and its possible role in plant defense. BMC Plant Biol. 13: 121.
- Shekhar S, Agrawal L, Buragohain AK, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2013) Genotype independent regeneration and agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.). Plant Tissue Cult. Biotech. 23: 87-100.
- Singh A, Kanwar P, Pandey A, Tyagi AK, Sopory SK, Kapoor S and Pandey GK (2013) Comprehensive genomic analysis and expression profiling of phospholipase C gene family during abiotic stresses and development in rice. PLoS One 8: e62494.
- Singh RK, Jena SN, Khan S, Yadav S, Banarjee N, Raghuvanshi S, Bhardwaj V, Dattamajumder SK, Kapur R, Solomon S, Swapna M, Srivastava S and Tyagi AK (2013) Development, cross-species/genera transferability of novel EST-SSR markers and their utility in revealing population structure and genetic diversity in sugarcane. Gene (In Press).
- Singh VK, Garg R and Jain M (2013) A global view of transcriptome dynamics during flower development in chickpea by deep sequencing. Plant Biotechnol. Journal (In Press).
- Subba P, Barua P, Kumar R, Datta A, Soni KK, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2013) Phosphoproteomic dynamics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) reveals shared and distinct components of dehydration response. J. Proteome Res. 12: 5025-5047.
- Subba P, Kumar R, Gayali S, Shekhar S, Parveen S, Pandey A, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2013) Characterization of the nuclear proteome of a dehydration-sensitive cultivar of chickpea and comparative proteomic analysis with a tolerant cultivar. Proteomics (In Press).
- Thakur JK, Agarwal P, Parida SK, Bajaj D and Pasrija R (2013) Sequence and expression analyses of KIX domain proteins suggest their importance in seed development and determination of seed size in rice, and genome stability in Arabidopsis. Mol. Genet. Genomics (In Press).
- Thakur JK, Yadav A and Yadav G (2013) Molecular recognition by the KIX domain and its role in gene regulation. Nucl. Acids Res. (In Press).
- Venkata Suresh B, Muthamilarasan M, Misra G and Prasad M (2013) FmMDb: A versatile database of foxtail millet markers for millets and bioenergy grasses research. PLoS One 8: e71418.
- Verma P, Kaur H, Petla BP, Rao V, Saxena SC and Majee M (2013) PROTEIN L- ISOASPARTYL METHYLTRANSFERASE2 gene is differentially expressed in chickpea and enhances seed vigor and longevity by reducing abnormal isoaspartyl accumulation predominantly in seed nuclear proteins. Plant Physiol. (In Press).
- Verma P, Shah N and Bhatia S (2013) Development of an expressed gene catalogue and molecular markers from the de novo assembly of short sequence reads of the lentil (Lens culinaris Medik.) transcriptome. Plant Biotechnol. Journal 11: 894-905.
- Verma S, Nizam S and Verma PK (2013) Biotic and abiotic stress signaling in plants. In: Sarwat M, Ahmad A, Abdin MZ (eds), Stress Signaling in Plants: Genomics and Proteomics Perspective, Volume 1. Springer Science, New York, USA (In Press).
- Wankhede DP, Biswas DK, Rajkumar S and Sinha AK (2013) Expressed sequence tags and molecular cloning and characterization of gene encoding pinoresinol/lariciresinol reductase from Podophyllum hexandrum. Protoplasma (In Press).
- Wankhede DP, Gupta M and Sinha AK (2013) Arsenic toxicity in crop plants: approaches for stress resistance. In: Tuteja N, Gill SS (eds), Crop Improvement Under Adverse Conditions. Springer Science, New York, USA, pp 347-360.
- Wankhede DP, Kundan K, Singh P and Sinha AK (2013) Involvement of mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 6 in UV induced transcripts accumulation of genes in phytoalexin biosynthesis in rice. Rice (In Press).
- Wankhede DP, Misra M, Singh P and Sinha AK (2013) Rice mitogen activated protein kinase kinase and mitogen activated protein kinase interaction network revealed by in-silico docking and yeast two-hybrid approaches. PLoS One 8: e65011.
- Yadav G, Anand S and Mohanty D (2013) Prediction of inter domain interactions in modular polyketide synthases by docking and correlated mutation analysis. J. Biomol. Struct. Dyn. 31: 17-29.
|List of Publications (2012)|
- Agarwal G, Jhanwar S, Priya P, Singh VK, Saxena MS, Parida SK, Garg R, Tyagi AK and Jain M (2012) Comparative analysis of kabuli chickpea transcriptome with desi and wild chickpea provides a rich resource for development of functional markers. PLoS One 7: e52443.
- Agrawal GK, Sarkar A, Agrawal R, Ndimba BK, Tanou G, Dunn MJ, Kieselbach T, Cramer R, Wienkoop S, Chen S, Rafudeen MS, Deswal R, Barkla BJ, Weckwerth W, Heazlewood JL, Renaut J, Job D, Chakraborty N and Rakwal R (2012) Boosting the globalization of plant proteomics through INPPO: current developments and future prospects. Proteomics 12: 359-368.
- Baranwal VK, Mikkilineni V, Zehr UB, Tyagi AK and Kapoor S (2012) Heterosis: emerging ideas about hybrid vigour. J. Exp. Bot. 63: 6309-6314.
- Chandna R, Augustine R and Bisht NC (2012) Evaluation of candidate reference genes for gene expression normalization in Brassica juncea using real time quantitative RT-PCR. PLoS One 7: e36918.
- Chaudhary S, Pandey R, Tripathi BN, Goel R and Kumar S (2012) Detection and mapping of quantitative trait loci for the contents of the terpenoid indole alkaloids, vindoline and catharanthine, in the leaves of Catharanthus roseus using bulk segregant analysis. Journal of Horticultural Sci. and Biotechnol. 87: 179-185.
- Choudhary S, Guar R, Gupta S and Bhatia S (2012) EST-derived genic molecular markers: development and utilization for generating an advanced transcript map of chickpea. Theor. Appl. Genet. 124: 1449-1462.
- Choudhury SR, Westfall CS, Laborde JP, Bisht NC, Jez JM and Pandey S (2012) Two chimeric regulators of G-protein signaling (RGS) proteins differentially modulate soybean heterotrimeric G-protein cycle. J. Biol. Chem. 287: 17870-17881.
- Das M, Banerjee S, Dhariwal R, Vyas S, Mir RR, Topdar N, Kundu A, Khurana JP, Tyagi AK, Sarkar D, Sinha MK, Balyan HS and Gupta PK (2012) Development of SSR markers and construction of a linkage map in jute. J. Genet. 91: 21-31.
- Garg B, Jaiswal JP, Misra S, Tripathi BN and Prasad M (2012) A comprehensive study on dehydration-induced antioxidative responses during germination of Indian bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L. em Thell) cultivars collected from different agroclimatic zones. Physiol. Mol. Biol. Plants 18: 217-228.
- Garg B, Puranik S, Tuteja N and Prasad M (2012) Abiotic stress-responsive expression of wali1 and wali5 genes from wheat. Plant Signal. Behav. 7: 1393-1396.
- Garg R, Tyagi AK and Jain M (2012) Microarray analysis reveals overlapping and specific transcriptional responses to different plant hormones in rice. Plant Signal. Behav. 7: 951-956.
- Gaur R, Azam S, Jeena G, Khan AW, Choudhary S, Jain M, Yadav G, Tyagi AK, Chattopadhyay D and Bhatia S (2012) High-Throughput SNP discovery and genotyping for constructing a saturated linkage map of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). DNA Res. 19: 357-373.
- Gupta A, Singh M, Jones AM and Laxmi A (2012) Hypocotyl directional growth in Arabidopsis: a complex trait. Plant Physiol 159: 1463-1476.
- Gupta M, Verma B, Kumar N, Chahota RK, Rathour R, Sharma SK, Bhatia S and Sharma TR (2012) Construction of intersubspecific molecular genetic map of lentil based on ISSR, RAPD and SSR markers. J. Genet. (In Press).
- Gupta S, Ghose TK, Jaiswal JP and Prasad M (2012) Molecular marker systems and compilation of genetic linkage maps of cultivated plants. In: Kumar A, Arora S, Ambwani S (eds), Biotechnology in Medicine and Agriculture: Principles and Practices. IK International Publishers, New Delhi (In press).
- Gupta S, Kumari K, Sahu PP, Vidapu S and Prasad M (2012) Sequence based novel genomic microsatellite markers for robust genotyping purposes in foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauv.]. Plant Cell Reports 31: 323-337.
- Hampp C, Richter A, Osorio S, Zellnig G, Sinha AK, Jammer A, Fernie AR, Grimm B, Roitsch T (2012) Establishment of a photoautotrophic cell suspension culture of Arabidopsis thaliana for photosynthetic, metabolic, and signaling studies. Mol. Plant 5(2): 524-527.
- Hasan S, Danishuddin M, Adil M, Singh K, Verma PK and Khan AU (2012) Efficacy of E. officinalis on the cariogenic properties of Streptococcus mutans: a novel and alternative approach to suppress quorum sensing mechanism. PLoS One 7: e40319.
- Islam MN, Nizam S and Verma PK (2012) A highly efficient Agrobacterium mediated transformation system of chickpea wilt pathogen Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. ciceri using DsRed-Express to follow root colonization. Microbiol. Res. 167: 332-338.
- Jain M (2012) Next-generation sequencing technologies for gene expression profiling in plants. Brief. Funct. Genomics 11: 63-70.
- Jaiswal DK, Ray D, Subba P, Mishra P, Gayali S, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2012) Proteomic analysis reveals the diversity and complexity of membrane proteins in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Proteome Sci. 10: 59.
- Jaiswal P, Cheruku JR, Kumar K, Yadav S, Singh A, Kumari P, Dube SC, Upadhyaya KC and Verma PK (2012) Differential transcript accumulation in chickpea during early phases of compatible interaction with a necrotrophic fungus Ascochyta rabiei. Mol. Biol. Rep. 39: 4635-4646.
- Jhanwar S, Priya P, Garg R, Parida SK, Tyagi AK and Jain M (2012) Transcriptome sequencing of wild chickpea as a rich resource for marker development. Plant Biotechnol. Journal 10: 690-702.
- Kamthan A, Kamthan M, Azam M, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S and Datta A (2012) Expression of a fungal sterol desaturase improves tomato drought tolerance, pathogen resistance and nutritional quality. Scientific Reports 2: 951.
- Kamthan M, Mukhopadhyay G, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S and Datta A (2012) Quantitative proteomics and metabolomics approaches to demonstrate N-acetyl-D-glucosamine inducible amino acid deprivation response as morphological switch in Candida albicans. Fungal Genet. Biol. 49: 369-378.
- Khan R, Adil M, Danishuddin M, Verma PK and Khan AU (2012) In vitro and in vivo inhibition of Streptococcus mutans biofilm by Trachyspermum ammi seeds: an approach of alternative medicine. Phytomedicine 19: 747-755.
- Khurana R, Kapoor S and Tyagi AK (2012) Anthology of anther/pollen-specific promoters and transcription factors. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 31: 359-390.
- Korekar G, Sharma RK, Kumar R, Meenu, Bisht NC, Srivastava RB, Ahuja PS and Stobdan T (2012) Identification and validation of sex-linked SCAR markers in dioecious Hippophae rhamnoides L. (Elaeagnaceae). Biotechnol. Lett. 34: 973-978.
- Kumar K and Verma PK (2012) Genomics of filamentous phytopathogens: new insight in pathogenesis and virulence. In: Chowdappa, P (ed), Molecular Approaches for Plant Fungal Disease Management. Westville Pub., New Delhi, India, pp 133-151
- Kumar R, Agarwal P, Tyagi AK and Sharma AK (2012) Genome-wide investigation and expression analysis suggest diverse roles of auxin-responsive GH3 genes during development and response to different stimuli in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum). Mol. Genet. Genomics 287: 221-235.
- Kumar R, Sharma MK, Kapoor S, Tyagi AK and Sharma AK (2012) Transcriptome analysis of rin mutant fruit and in silico analysis of promoters of differentially regulated genes provides insight into LeMADS-RIN-regulated ethylene-dependent as well as ethylene-independent aspects of ripening in tomato. Mol. Genet. Genomics 287: 189-203.
- Kumar S, Chaudhary S, Kumari R, Sharma V and Kumar A (2012) Development of improved horticultural genotypes characterized by novel over-flowering inflorescence trait in periwinkle Catharanthus roseus. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. India 82: 399-404.
- Kumar S, Jaggi M and Sinha AK (2012) Ectopic overexpression of vacuolar and apoplastic Catharanthus roseus peroxidases confers differential tolerance to salt and dehydration stress in transgenic tobacco. Protoplasma 249: 423-432.
- Kumar S, Mishra RK, Kumar A, Chaudhary S, Sharma V and Kumari R (2012) Genetic interaction and mapping studies on the leaflet development (lld) mutant in Pisum sativum. J. Genet. 91: 325-342.
- Kumar S, Sharma V, Chaudhary S, Kumar A and Kumari R (2012) Agronomic characteristics of autumn and winter seeded photoperiod insensitive spring wheat in agro-climate of north-west India. Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad. 78: 71-89.
- Kumar S, Sharma V, Chaudhary S, Tyagi A, Mishra P, Priyadarshini A and Singh A (2012) Genetics of flowering time in bread wheat Triticum aestivum: complementary interaction between vernalization-insensitive and photoperiod-insensitive mutations imparts very early flowering habit to spring wheat. J. Genet. 91: 33-47.
- Kumari R, Jain VK and Kumar S (2012) Biodiesel production from seed oil of Cleome viscosa L.. Indian J. Exp. Biol. 50: 502-510.
- Kumari R, Mallavarapu GR, Jain VK and Kumar S (2012) Chemical composition of the fatty oils of the seeds of Cleome viscosa accessions. Nat. Prod. Commun. 7: 1363-1364.
- Kumari R, Tyagi A, Sharma V, Jain VK and Kumar S (2012) Variability in the accessions from aravali range assessed for domestication of the Cleomaceae biodiesel plant Cleome viscosa Linn. Indian J. Nat. Prod. Resour. 3: 246-355.
- Kumari S, Shridhar S, Singh D, Farmer R, Hundal J, Priya P, Sharma P, Bhavishi K, Schrick K and Yadav G (2012) The role of lectins and HD-ZIP transcription factors in isoprenoid based plant stress responses. Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad. 78: 671-691.
- Mir RR, Kumar N, Jaiswal V, Girdharwal N, Prasad M, Balyan HS and Gupta PK (2012) Genetic dissection of Grain Weight (GW) in bread wheat through QTL interval and association mapping. Mol. Breed. 29: 963-972.
- Mishra AK, Puranik S, Bahadur RP and Prasad M (2012) The DNA-binding activity of an AP2 protein is involved in transcriptional regulation of a stress-responsive gene, SiWD40, in foxtail millet. Genomics 100: 252-263. Read...
- Mishra AK, Puranik S and Prasad M (2012) Structure and regulatory networks of WD40 protein in plants. J. Plant Biochem. Biotechnol. 21: S32-S39
- Mishra RK, Gangadhar BH, Nookaraju A, Kumar S and Park SW (2012) Development of EST-derived SSR markers in pea (Pisum sativum) and their potential utility for genetic mapping and transferability. Plant Breeding 131: 118-124.
- Narula K, Elagamy E, Datta A, Chakraborty N and Chakraborty S (2012) Comparative analyses of extracellular matrix proteome: an under-explored area in plant research. In: Goyal A(ed), Crop Plants. InTech, Janeza Tradine, Croatia, pp145-166.
- Nizam S, Verma S, Singh K, Aggarwal R, Srivastava KD and Verma PK (2012) High reliability transformation of the wheat pathogen Bipolaris sorokiniana using Agrobacterium tumefaciens. J. Microbiol. Methods 88: 386-392.
- Pasrija R and Thakur JK (2012) Analysis of differential expression of mediator subunit genes in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal. Behav. 7: 1676-1686
- Patel RK and Jain M (2012) NGS QC Toolkit: A toolkit for quality control of next generation sequencing data. PLoS One 7: e30619.
- Prasad VBR, Kumar SV, Nandi A and Chattopadhyay S (2012) Functional interconnections of HY1 with MYC2 and HY5 in Arabidopsis seedling development. BMC Plant Biol. 12: 37.
- Prasad VBR, Gupta N, Nandi A and Chattopadhyay S (2012) HY1 genetically interacts with GBF1 and regulates the activity of the Z-box containing promoters in light signaling pathways in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mechanisms of Development 129: 298-307.
- Puranik S and Prasad M (2012) Role of NACs in regulation of abiotic stress responses in plants. In: Goyal A, Maheshwari P (eds), Current Advances in Plant Science. Bentham Science Publishers, USA, pp 137-148
- Puranik S, Sahu PP, Srivastava PS and Prasad M (2012) NAC proteins: regulation and role in stress tolerance. Trends Plant Sci. 17: 369-381. Read...
- Purwar S, Sundaram S, Verma P, Srivastava S and Kumar A (2012) A physiologically regulated multidomain cystatin of wheat shows stage-dependent immunity against karnal bunt (Tilletia indica). Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 168: 2344-2357.
- Raina SK, Wankhede DP, Jaggi M, Singh P, Jalmi SK, Raghuram B, Sheikh AH and Sinha AK (2012) CrMPK3, a mitogen activated protein kinase from Catharanthus roseus and its possible role in stress induced biosynthesis of monoterpenoid indole alkaloids. BMC Plant Biology. 12: 134.
- Ray S, Kapoor S and Tyagi AK (2012) Analysis of transcriptional and upstream regulatory sequence activity of two environmental stress-inducible genes, NBS-Str1 and BLEC-Str8, of rice. Transgenic Res. 21: 351-366.
- Sahu PP, Gupta S, Malaviya DR, Roy AK, Kaushal P and Prasad M (2012) Transcriptome analysis of differentially expressed genes during embryosac development in apomeiotic non parthenogenetic interspecific hybrid of Pennisetum glaucum. Mol. Biotechnol 51: 262-271.
- Sahu PP, Puranik S, Khan M and Prasad M (2012) Recent advances in tomato functional genomics: utilization of VIGS. Protoplasma 249: 1017-1027.
- Sahu PP, Rai NK, Puranik S, Roy A, Khan M and Prasad M (2012) Dynamics of defense related components in two contrasting genotypes to tomato upon infection with tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus. Mol. Biotechnol 52: 140-150.
- Sharma R, Agarwal P, Ray S, Deveshwar P, Sharma P, Sharma N, Nijhawan A, Jain M, Singh AK, Singh VP, Khurana JP, Tyagi AK and Kapoor S (2012) Expression dynamics of metabolic and regulatory components across stages of panicle and seed development in indica rice. Funct. Integr. Genomics 12: 229-248.
- Sharma V, Chaudhary S, Kumar A and Kumar S (2012) COCHLEATA controls leaf size and secondary inflorescence architecture via negative regulation of UNIFOLIATA (LEAFY ortholog) gene in garden pea Pisum sativum. Journal of Biosciences 37: 1041-1059
- Sharma V, Chaudhary S, Srivastava S, Pandey R and Kumar S (2012) Characterization of variation and quantitative trait loci related to terpenoid indole alkaloid yield in a recombinant inbred line mapping population of Catharanthus roseus. J. Genet. 91: 49-69.
- Sharma V and Kumar S (2012) Nodal spine pairs present in the mimosoid Prosopis juliflora are not stipules but define a distinct class of lateral organs. American Journal of Plant Sciences 3: 1159-1161.
- Sharma V and Kumar S (2012) Stipules are the principal photosynthetic organs in the papilionoid species Lathyrus aphaca. National Academy of Science Letters 35: 75-78.
- Sharma V, Sinha AK, Chaudhary S, Priyadarshini A, Tripathi BN and Kumar S (2012) Genetic analysis of structure and function of stipules in pea (Pisum sativum). Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad. 78: 9-34.
- Sharma V, Tripathi BN and Kumar S (2012) Organ-wise homologies of stipule, leaf and inflorescence between Pisum sativum genetic variants, Delonix regia and Caesalpinia bonduc indicate parallel evolution of morphogenetic regulation. Plant Syst. Evol. 298: 1167-1175.
- Singh A, Ram H, Abbas N and Chattopadhyay S (2012) Molecular interactions of GBF1 with HY5 and HYH during light-mediated seedling development in Arabidopsis thaliana. J. Biol. Chem. 287: 25995-26009.
- Singh K, Nizam S, Sinha M and Verma PK (2012) Comparative transcriptome analysis of the necrotrophic fungus Ascochyta rabiei during oxidative stress: insight for fungal survival in the host plant. PLoS One 7: e33128.
- Singh S, Singh A, Roy S and Sarkar A (2012) SWP1 negatively regulates lateral root initiation and elongation in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal. Behav. 7: 1522-1525.
- The Tomato Genome Consortium (2012) The tomato genome sequence provides insights into fleshy fruit evolution. Nature 485: 635-641.
- Wardhan V, Jahan K, Gupta S, Chennareddy S, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2012) Overexpression of CaTLP1, a putative transcription factor in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.), promotes stress tolerance. Plant Mol. Biol. 79: 479-493.
- Yadav G and Babu S (2012) NEXCADE: Perturbation analysis for complex networks. PLoS One 7: e41827.
- Yadav S, Kushwaha HR, Kumar K and Verma PK (2012) Comparative structural modelling of a monothiol GRX from chickpea: insight in iron-sulfur cluster assembly. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 51: 266-273.
|List of Publications (2011)|
- Agrawal GK, Bourguignon J, Rolland N, Ephritikhine G, Ferro M, Jaquinod M, Alexiou KG, Chardot T, Chakraborty N, Jolivet P, Doonan JH and Rakwal R (2011) Plant organelle proteomics : collaborating for optimal cell function. Mass Spectrometry Reviews 30: 772-853.
- Agrawal L, Sharma A, Narula K, Datta A, Chakraborty N and Chakraborty S (2011) Insights into genetic engineering of crop plants for improved protein and molecular mechanism of transgene function. In: Muralidharan K, Siddiq EA (eds), National Symposium on Genomics and Crop Improvement: Relevance and Reservations. Institute of Biotechnology, Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, India, pp 387-391.
- Agarwal P, Kapoor S and Tyagi AK (2011) Transcription factors regulating the progression of monocot and dicot seed development. BioEssays 33: 189-202.
- Bhardawaj D, Sheikh AH, Sinha AK, and Tuteja N (2011) Stress induced beta subunit of heterotrimeric G-proteins from Pisum sativum interacts with mitogen activated protein kinase. Plant Signal. Behav. 6: 287-292.
- Bhushan D, Jaiswal DK, Ray D, Basu D, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2011) Dehydration-responsive reversible and irreversible changes in the extracellular matrix: comparative proteomics of chickpea genotypes with contrasting tolerance. J. Proteome Res. 10: 2027-2046.
- Chattopadhyay A, Subba P, Pandey A, Bhushan D, Kumar R, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2011) Analysis of the grasspea proteome and identification of stress-responsive proteins upon exposure to high salinity, low temperature, and abscisic acid treatment. Phytochemistry 72: 1293-1307.
- Chaudhary S, Sharma V, Prasad M, Bhatia S, Tripathi BN, Yadav G, Kumar S (2011) Characterization and genetic linkage mapping of the horticulturally important mutation leafless inflorescence (lli) in periwinkle Catharanthus roseus. Scientia Horticulturae 129: 142-153.
- Chaudhary SR, Bisht NC, Thompson R, Todorov O and Pandey S (2011) Conventional and novel Ga protein families constitute the heterotrimeric G-protein signaling network in soybean. PLoS One 6: e23361.
- Chauhan H, Khurana N, Tyagi AK, Khurana JP and Khurana P (2011) Identification and characterization of high temperature stress responsive genes in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and their regulation at various stages of development. Plant Mol. Biol. 75: 35-51.
- Dasgupta S, Bhattacharya S, Maitra S, Pal D, Majumdar SS and Datta A (2011) Mechanism of lipid induced insulin resistance: activated PKCe is a key regulator. Biochem. Biophys. Acta 1812: 495- 506.
- Dhariwal R, Vyas S, Bhaganagare GR, Jha SK, Khurana JP, Tyagi AK, Prabhu KV, Balyan HS and Gupta PK (2011) Analysis of differentially expressed genes in leaf rust infected bread wheat involving seeding resistance gene Lr28. Func. Plant Biol. 38: 479-492.
- Dwivedi S, Upadhyay H, Senthilvel S, Hash C, Fukunaga K, Diao X, Santra D, Baltensperger D and Prasad M (2011) Millets: genetic and genomic resources. In: Janick J (ed), Vol. 35: Plant Breeding Reviews. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., USA, pp 247-375.
- Garg R and Jain M (2011) Pyrosequencing data reveals tissue-specific expression of lineage-specific transcripts in chickpea. Plant Signal. Behav. 6: 1868-1870.
- Garg R, Patel RK, Jhanwar S, Priya P, Bhattacharjee A, Yadav G, Bhatia S, Chattopadhyay D, Tyagi AK and Jain M (2011) Gene discovery and tissue-specific transcriptome analysis in chickpea with massively parallel pyrosequencing and web resource development. Plant Physiol. 156: 1661-1678.
- Garg R, Patel RK, Tyagi AK and Jain M (2011) De novo assembly of chickpea transcriptome using short reads for gene discovery and marker identification. DNA Res. 18: 53-63.
- Gaur R, Sethy NK, Choudhary S, Shokeen B, Gupta V and Bhatia S (2011) Advancing the STMS genomic resources for defining new locations on the intraspecific genetic linkage map of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). BMC Genomics 12: 117.
- Ghawana S, Paul A, Kumar H, Kumar A, Singh H, Bhardwaj PK, Rani A, Singh RS, Raizada J, Singh K and Kumar S (2011) An RNA isolation system for plant tissues rich in secondary metabolites. BMC Res. Notes 4: 85.
- Goel R, Goel D, Chaudhary S, Sharma V and Kumar S (2011) Cropping of the artemisinin (antimalarial drug) yielding Artemisia annua cultivars, over a ten year period in the agroclimate of north-west India, has not led to the species becoming a weed. National Academy of Science Letters 34: 307-315.
- Gosh S, Meli VS, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S and Datta A (2011) Genetic engineering of fruits and vegetables for long shelf life. In: Muralidharan K, Siddiq EA (eds), National Symposium on Genomics and Crop Improvement: Relevance and Reservations. Institute of Biotechnology, Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, India, pp 417-421.
- Ghosh S, Meli VS, Kumar A, Thakur A, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S and Datta A (2011) The N-glycan processing enzymes α-mannosidase and β-D-N-acetylhexosaminidase are involved in ripening-associated softening in the non-climacteric fruits of Capsicum. J. Exp. Bot. 62: 571-582.
- Ghosh S, Rao KH, Sengupta M, Bhattacharya SK and Datta A (2011) Two gene clusters co-ordinate for a functional N-acetylglucosamine catabolic pathway in Vibrio cholerae. Mol. Microbiol. 80: 1549-1560.
- Giri J (2011) Glycinebetaine and abiotic stress tolerance in plants. Plant Signal. Behav. 6: 1746- 1751.
- Giri J, Vij S, Dansana P and Tyagi AK (2011) Rice A20/AN1 zinc-finger containing stress-associated proteins (SAP1/11) and a receptor-like cytoplasmic kinase (OsRLCK253) interact via A20 zinc-finger and confer abiotic stress tolerance in transgenic Arabidopsis plants. New Phytol. 191: 721-732.
- Gujaria N, Kumar A, Dauthal P, Dubey A, Hiremath P, Bhanu Prakash A, Farmer A, Bhide M, Shah T, Gaur PM, Upadhyaya HD, Bhatia S, Cook DR, May GD and Varshney RK (2011) Development and use of genic molecular markers (GMMs) for construction of a transcript map of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Theor. Appl. Genet. 122: 1577-1589.
- Gupta S, Kumari K, Das J, Lata C, Puranik S and Prasad M (2011) Development and utilization of novel intron length polymorphic markers in foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauv.]. Genome 54: 586-602. Read...
- Gupta S, Wardhan V, Verma S, Gayali S, Rajamani U, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2011) Characterization of the secretome of chickpea suspension culture reveals pathway abundance and the expected and unexpected secreted proteins. J. Proteome Res. 10: 5006-5015.
- Hyun TK, Kumar K, Rao KP, Sinha AK and Roitsch T (2011) Role of α-tocopherol in cellular signaling: α-tocopherol inhibits stress-induced mitogen activated protein kinase activation. Plant Biotechnology Reports 5: 19-25.
- Jaggi M, Kumar S and Sinha AK (2011) Overexpression of an apoplastic peroxidase gene CrPrx in transgenic hairy root lines of Catharanthus roseus. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 90: 1005-1016.
- Jain M (2011) A next generation approach to the characterization of a non-model plant transcriptome. Current Science 101: 1435-1439.
- Kapoor S, Khurana R, Baranwal V, Agarwal P, Ray S and Tyagi A (2011) Genome-wide strategies for genetic enhancement of rice. In: Muralidharan K, Siddiq EA (eds), National Symposium on Genomics and Crop Improvement: Relevance and Reservations. Institute of Biotechnology, Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, India, pp 11-25.
- Kumar K, Rao KP, Biswas D and Sinha AK (2011) Rice WNK1 is regulated by abiotic stress and involved in internal circadian rhythm. Plant Signal. Behav. 6: 316-320.
- Kumar R, Tyagi AK and Sharma AK (2011) Genome-wide analysis of auxin response factor (ARF) gene gamily from tomato and analysis of their role in flower and fruit development. Mol. Genet. Genomics 285: 245-260.
- Kumar S, Jaggi M, Taneja J and Sinha AK (2011) Cloning and characterization of two new Class III peroxidase genes from Catharanthus roseus. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 49: 404-412.
- Kumar S, Sharma V, Chaudhary S, Kumari R, Kumari N and Mishra P (2011) Interaction between COCHLEATA and UNIFOLIATA genes enables normal flower morphogenesis in the garden pea, Pisum sativum. J. Genet. 90: 309-314.
- Kushwah S, Jones AM and Laxmi A (2011) Cytokinin interplay with ethylene, auxin and glucose signaling controls Arabidopsis seedling root directional growth. Plant Physiol. 156: 1851-1866.
- Kushwah S, Jones AM and Laxmi A (2011) Cytokinin-induced root growth involves actin filament reorganization. Plant Signal. Behav. 6: 1848-1850.
- Kushwaha HR, Kumar G, Verma PK, Singla-Pareek SL and Pareek A (2011) Analysis of a salinity induced BjSOS3 protein from Brassica indicate it to be structurally and functionally related to its ortholog from Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 49: 996-1004.
- Lata C, Jha S, Dixit V, Sreenivasulu N and Prasad M (2011) Differential antioxidative responses to dehydration-induced oxidative stress in core set of foxtail millet cultivars [Setaria italica (L.)]. Protoplasma 248: 817-828.
- Lata C, Bhutty S, Bahadur RP, Majee M and Prasad M (2011) Association of SNP in a novel DREB2-like gene SiDREB2 with stress tolerance in foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.)]. J. Exp. Bot. 62: 3387-3401.
- Lata C and Prasad M (2011) Role of DREBs in regulation of abiotic stress responses in plants. J Exp Bot. 62: 4731-4748.
- Lata C, Yadav A and Prasad M (2011) Role of transcription factors in abiotic stress tolerance. In: Venkateswarlu B, Shankar A (eds), Abiotic Stress Response in Plants. INTECH Open Access Publishers, Rijeka, Croatia, pp 269-296.
- Mathur S, Vyas S, Kapoor S and Tyagi AK (2011) The mediator complex in plants: structure, phylogeny and expression profiling of representative genes in a dicot (Arabidopsis) and a monocot (Rice) during reproduction and abiotic stress. Plant Physiol. 157: 1609-1627.
- Patel RK and Jain M (2011) PlantRGS: a web server for the identification of most suitable candidate reference genes for quantitative gene expression studies in plants. DNA Res. 18: 463-470.
- Prasad M (2011) Solanaceae Conferance: a report on the 7th Solanaceae Conferance (SOL) held during 5-9 September 2010 at Dundee, Scotland. Current Science 100: 610-612.
- Puranik S, Bahadur RP, Srivastava PS and Prasad M (2011)Molecular cloning and characterization of a membrane associated NAC family gene, SiNAC from foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauv.]. Mol. Biotechnol. 49: 138-150.
- Puranik S, Jha S, Srivastava PS, Sreenivasulu N and Prasad M (2011) Comparative transcriptome analysis of contrasting foxtail millet cultivars in response to short-term salinity stress. J. Plant Physiol. 168: 280-287.
- Puranik S, Kumar K, Srivastava PS and Prasad M (2011) Electrophoretic mobility shift assay reveals a novel recognition sequence for Setaria italica NAC protein. Plant Signal. Behav. 6: 1588-1590. Read...
- Rao KP, Vani G, Kumar K, Wankhede DP, Misra M, Gupta M and Sinha AK (2011) Arsenic stress activates MAP kinase in rice roots and leaves. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 506: 73-82.
- Ray S, Dansana PK, Giri J, Deveshwar P, Arora R, Agarwal P, Khurana JP, Kapoor S and Tyagi AK (2011) Modulation of transcription factor and metabolic pathway genes in response to water-deficit stress in rice. Funct. Integr. Genomics 11: 157-178.
- Shokeen B, Choudhary S, Sethy NK and Bhatia S (2011) Development of SSR and gene-targeted markers for construction of a framework linkage map of Catharanthus roseus. Ann. Bot. 108: 321- 336.
- Sinha AK, Jaggi M, Raghuram B and Tuteja N (2011) Mitogen activate dprotein kinase signaling in plant under abiotic stress. Plant Signal. Behav. 6: 196-203.
- Swapna L, Khurana R, Vijaya Kumar S, Tyagi AK and Rao KV (2011) Pollen-Specific expression of Oryza sativa Indica pollen allergen gene (OSIPA) promoter in rice and Arabidopsis transgenic systems. Mol. Biotechnol. 48: 49-59.
- Verma PK and Nizam S (2011) Genome sequencing and its reference to plant pathogens. In: Thind TS, Jain RK, Sharma P, Khurana SMP, Aggarwal R, Sharma RK, Singh D, Dubey SC, Kumar A (compiled by), Plant Pathology in India: Vision 2030. Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi, India, pp186-190.
- Yadav RK and Chattopadhyay D (2011) Enhanced viral intergenic region specific siRNA accumulation and DNA methylation correlates with resistance against a geminivirus. Mol. Plant Microbe Interactions 24: 1189-1197.
|List of Publications (2010)|
- Anand S and Tyagi AK (2010) Characterization of a pollen-preferential gene OSIAGP from rice (Oryza sativa L. subspecies indica) coding for an arabinogalactan-protein homolog and analysis of its promoter activity during pollen development and pollen tube growth. Transgenic Res. 19: 385-397.
- Anand S, Prasad MV, Yadav G, Kumar N, Shehara J, Ansari MZ and Mohanty D(2010) SBSPKS: structure based sequence analysis of polyketide synthases. Nucl. Acids Res. 38: W487-W496.
- Bonfig KB, Gabler A, Simon UK, Luschin-Ebengreuth N, Hatz M, Berger S, Muhammad N, Zeier J, Sinha AK and Roitsch T (2010) Post-translational depression of invertase activity in source leaves via down regulation of invertase inhibitor expression is part of the plant defense response. Molecular Plant 3: 1037-1048.
- Chakraborty M, Chattopadhyay S and Saraf A (2010) Role of ZBF1 in light signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana. Electronic Journal of Environmental, Agricultural and Food Chemistry 9: 1584-1586.
- Chakraborty S, Chakraborty N, Agrawal L, Ghosh S, Narula K, Shekhar S, Naik PS, Pande PC, Chakrborty SK and Datta A (2010) Next-generation protein-rich potato expressing the seed protein gene AmA1 is a result of proteome rebalancing in transgenic tuber. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA107: 17533-17538.
- Chandna R, Gupta S, Ahmad A, Iqbal M and Prasad M (2010) Variability in Indian bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) varieties differing in nitrogen efficiency as assessed by microsatellite markers. Protoplasma 242: 55-67.
- Gangappa SN and Chattopadhyay S (2010) MYC2, a bHLH transcription factor, modulates the adult phenotype of SPA1. Plant Signal. Behav. 5: 1650-1652.
- Gangappa SN, Prasad VB and Chattopadhyay S (2010) Functional interconnection of MYC2 and SPA1 in the photomorphogenic seedling development of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 154: 1210-1219.
- Garg R, Jhanwar S, Tyagi AK and Jain M (2010) Genome-wide survey and expression analysis suggest diverse roles of glutaredoxin gene family members during development and response to various stimuli in rice. DNA Res. 17: 353-367.
- Garg R, Sahoo A, Tyagi AK and Jain M (2010) Validation of internal control genes for quantitative gene expression studies in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 396: 283-288.
- Gupta V, Raghuvanshi S, Gupta A, Khan MS, Gupta RS, Singh J, Dattamajumder SK, Srivastava S, Suman A, Khurana JP, Kapoor R and Tyagi AK (2010) The water-deficit stress and red-rot-related genes in sugarcane. Funct. Integr. Genomics 10: 207-214 .
- Jain D and Chattopadhyay D (2010) Analysis of gene expression in response to water deficit of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) varieties differing in drought tolerance. BMC Plant Biol. 10: 24.
- Jain M, Ghanashyam C and Bhattacharjee A (2010) Comprehensive expression analysis suggests overlapping and specific roles of glutathione S-transferases during development and stress responses in rice. BMC Genomics 11: 73.
- Kumar S, Chaudhary S, Kumari R, Mishra RK, Kumar A, Chowdhary DR, Jha R and Kumar A (2010) Genetic control of leafblade morphogenesis by the Insecatus gene in Pisum sativum. J. Genet. 89: 201-211.
- Kumar S, Mishra RK, Chaudhary S, Pandey R and Yadav G (2010) Co-regulation of biomass partitioning by leafblade morphology genes AFILA, MULTIFOLIATE-PINNA, TENDRIL-LESS and UNIFOLIATA in grain pea Pisum sativum. Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad. 75: 15-25.
- Lata C, Sahu PP and Prasad M (2010) Comparative transcriptome analysis of differentially expressed genes in foxtail millet (Setaria italica L.) during dehydration stress. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 393: 720-727.
- Meli VS, Ghosh S, Prabha TN, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S and Datta A (2010) Enhancement of fruit shelf life by suppressing N-glycan processing enzymes. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107: 2413-2418.
- Mishra RK, Chaudhary S, Pandey R, Gupta S, Mallavarapu GR and Kumar S (2010) The inflorescence (flower) essential oil is linalool-richer than the leaf oil of Lippia alba cultivar 'Kavach'. Journal of Essential Oil Research 22: 3-7.
- Nizam S, Singh K and Verma PK (2010) Expression of the fluorescent proteins DsRed and EGFP to visualize early events of colonization of the chickpea blight fungus Ascochyta rabiei. Current Genetics 56: 391-399.
- Pandey A, Rajamani U, Verma J, Subba P, Chakraborty N, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2010) Identification of extracellular matrix proteins of rice (Oryza sativa L.) involved in dehydration-responsive network: a proteomic approach. J. Proteome Res. 9: 3443-3464.
- Raghuvanshi S, Kapoor M, Tyagi S, Kapoor S, Khurana P, Khurana JP and Tyagi AK (2010) Rice genomics moves ahead. Mol. Breed. 26: 257-273.
- Rao KP, Richa T, Kumar K, Raghuram B and Sinha AK (2010) In silico analysis reveals 75 members of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase gene family in Rice. DNA Res. 17:139-153.
- Sahu PP, Rai NK, Chakraborty S, Singh M, Prasanna HC, Ramesh B, Chattopadhyay, D and Prasad M (2010) Tomato cultivar tolerant to Tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus infection induces virus-specific siRNA accumulation and defense associated host gene expression. Mol. Plant Pathology 11: 531-544.
- Sharma MK, Kumar R, Solanke AU, Sharma R, Tyagi AK and Sharma AK (2010) Identification, phylogeny and transcript profiling of ERF family genes during development and abiotic stress treatments in tomato. Mol. Genet. Genomics 284: 455-475.
- Sharma R, Kapoor M, Tyagi AK and Kapoor S (2010) Comparative transcript profiling of TCP family genes provide insight into gene functions and diversification in rice and Arabidopsis. J. Plant Mol. Biol. Biotechnol. 1: 24-38.
- Singh A, Giri J, Kapoor S, Tyagi AK and Pandey GK (2010) Protein phosphatase complement in rice: genome-wide identification and transcriptional analysis under abiotic stress conditions and reproductive development. BMC Genomics 11: 435.
- Taneja J, Jaggi M, Wankhade DP and Sinha AK (2010) Effect of loss of T-DNA genes on MIA biosynthetic pathway gene regulation and alkaloid accumulation in Catharanthus roseus hairy roots. Plant Cell Reports 29: 1119-1129.
- Verma P, Singh A, Kaur H and Majee M (2010) PROTEIN L -ISOASPARTYL METHYLTRANSFERASE1 (CaPIMT1) from chickpea mitigates oxidative stress-induced growth inhibition of Escherichia coli. Planta 231: 329-336.
- Walker AK, Yang F, Jiang K, Ji JY, Watts JL, Purushotham A, Boss O, Hirsch ML, Ribich S, Smith JJ, Israelian K, Westphal CH, Rodgers JT, Shioda T, Elson SL, Mulligan P, Najafi-Shoushtari H, Black JC, Thakur JK, Kadyk LC, Whetstine JR, Mostoslavsky R, Puigserver P, Li X, Dyson NJ, Hart AC, Naar AM (2010) Conserved role of SIRT1 orthologs in fasting-dependent inhibition of the lipid/cholesterol regulator SREBP. Genes Dev. 24: 1403-1417.
|List of Publications (2009)|
- Ashraf N, Ghai D, Barman P, Basu S, Gangisetty N, Mandal MK, Chakraborty N, Datta A and Chakraborty S (2009) Comparative analyses of genotype dependent expressed sequence tags and stress-responsive transcriptome of chickpea wilt illustrate predicted and unexpected genes and novel regulators of plant immunity. BMC Genomics 10: 415
- Bisht NC, Ramchiary N, Gupta V, Mukhopadhyay A, Arumugam N, Sodhi YS, Pental D and Pradhan AK (2009) Fine mapping of loci involved with glucosinolate biosynthesis in oilseed mustard (Brassica juncea) using genomic information from allied species. Theor. Appl. Genet. 118: 413-421.
- Bhatia S and Shokeen B (2009) Isolation of microsatellites from Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don using enriched libraries. Methods Mol. Biol. 547: 289-302.
- Choudhary MK, Basu D, Datta A, Chakraborty N and Chakraborty S (2009) Dehydration-reponsive nuclear proteome of rice (Oryza sativa L.) illustrates protein network, novel regulators of cellular adaptation and evolutionary perspect. Mol. Cell. Proteomics 8: 1579-1598.
- Choudhary S, Sethy NK, Shokeen B and Bhatia S (2009) Development of chickpea EST-SSR markers and analysis of allelic variation across related species. Theor. Appl. Genet. 118: 591-608.
- Ghanshyam C and Jain M (2009) Role of auxin-responsive genes in biotic stress responses. Plant Signal. Behav. 4: 846-848.
- Gupta A, Singh M, Mishra BS, Kushwah S and Laxmi A (2009) Role of glucose in spatial distribution of auxin regulated genes. Plant Signal. Behav. 4: 862-863.
- Gupta M, Sharma P, Sarin NB and Sinha AK (2009). Differential responses of arsenic stress in two varieties of Brassica juncea. Chemosphere 74: 1201-1208.
- Gupta S and Prasad M (2009). Development and characterization of genic SSR-markers in Medicago truncatula and its transferability in leguminous and non- leguminous species. Genome 52: 761-771.
- Hyun TK, Hoffmann A, Sinha AK and Roitsch T (2009) Tomato mitogen activated protein kinases regulate the expression of extracellular invertase Lin6 in response to stress related stimuli. Func. Plant Biol. 36: 1088-1097.
- Jain D, Roy N and Chattopadhyay D (2009) CaZF, a plant transcription factor functions through and parallel to HOG and calcineurin pathways in Saccharomyces cerevisiae to provide osmotolerance. PLoS One 4: e5154.
- Jain M (2009) Genome-wide identification of novel internal control genes for normalization of gene-expression during various stages of development in rice. Plant Science 176: 702-706.
- Jain M and Khurana JP (2009) Transcript profiling reveals diverse roles of auxin-responsive genes during reproductive development and abiotic stress in rice. FEBS Journal 276: 3148-3162.
- Kathuria H, Giri J, Nataraja KN, Murata N, Udayakumar M and Tyagi AK (2009) Glycinebetine-Induced water-stress tolerance in Cod A-expressing transgenic India rice is associated with up-regulation of several stress responsive genes. Plant Biotechnol. Journal 7: 512-526.
- Kumar S, Mishra RK, Kumar A, Srivastava S and Chaudhary S (2009) Regulation of stipule development by COCHLEATA and STIPULE-REDUCED genes in pea Pisum sativum. Planta 230: 449-458.
- Mallavarupu GR, Mishra RK, Chaudhary S, Pandey R, Gupta S, Kumar S, Kaul VK and Pathania V (2009) 2-Hydroxyacetophenone, the main component of the essential oil of the roots of Carissa opaca Stapf ex Haines. Journal of Essential Oil Research 21: 385-387.
- Mishra BS, Singh M, Aggrawal P and Laxmi A (2009) Glucose and auxin signaling interaction in controlling Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings root growth and development. PLoS One 4: e4502.
- Mishra RK, Chaudhary S, Kumar A and Kumar S (2009) Effects of MULTIFOLIATE-PINNA, AFILA, TENDRIL-LESS and UNIFOLIATA genes on leafblade architecture in Pisum sativum. Planta 230: 177-190.
- Mishra RK, Kumar A, Chaudhary S and Kumar S (2009) Mapping of the multifoliate pinna (mfp) leaf-blade morphology mutation in grain pea Pisum sativum. J. Genet. 88: 227-232.
- Mohan A, Kulwal P, Singh R, Kumar V, Mir RR, Kumar J, Prasad M, Balyan HS and Gupta PK (2009) Genome-wide QTL analysis for pre-harvest sprouting tolerance in bread wheat. Euphytica 168: 319-329.
- Mueller LA, Lankhorst RK, Tanksley SD, Giovannoni JJ, White R, Vrebalov J, Fei Z, Van Eck J, Buels R, Mills AA, Menda N, Tecle IY, Bombarely A, Stack S, Royer SM, Chang SB, Shearer LA, Kim BD, Jo SH, Hur CG, Choi D, Li CB, Zhao J, Jiang H, Geng Y, Dai Y, Fan H, Chen J, Lu F, Shi J, Sun S, Yang X, Lu C, Chen M, Cheng Z, Li C, Ling H, Xue Y, Wang Y, Seymour GB, Bishop GJ, Bryan G, Rogers J, Sims S, Butcher S, Buchan D, Abbott J, Beasley H, Nicholson C, Riddle C, Humphray S, McLaren K, Mathur S, Vyas S, Solanke AU, Kumar R, Gupta V, Sharma AK, Khurana P, Khurana JP, Tyagi A, Chowdhury P, Shridhar S, Chattopadhyay D, Pandit A, Singh P, Kumar A, Dixit R, Singh A, Praveen S, Dalal V, Yadav M, Ghazi IA, Gaikwad K, Sharma TR, Mohapatra T, Singh NK, Szinay D, De Jong H, Peters S, Van Staveren M, Datema E, Fiers MWEJ, Van Ham RCHJ, Lindhout P, Philippot M, Frasse P, Regad F, Zouine M, Bouzayen M, Asamizu E, Sato S, Fukuoka H, Tabata S, Shibata D, Botella MA, Perez-Alonso M, Fernandez-Pedrosa V, Osorio S, Mico A, Granell A, Zhang Z, He J, Huang S, Du Y, Qu D, Liu L, Liu D, Wang J, Ye Z, Yang W, Wang G, Vezzi A, Todesco S, Valle G, Falcone G, Pietrella M, Giuliano G, Grandillo S, Traini A, D'Agostino N, Chiusano ML, Ercolano M, Barone A, Frusciante L, Schoof H, Jocker A, Bruggmann R, Spannagl M, Mayer KXF, Guigo R, Camara F, Rombauts S, Fawcett JA, Van De Peer Y, Knapp S, Zamir D, Stiekema W (2009) The Tomato Genome Sequencing Consortium. A snapshot of the emerging tomato genome sequence. The Plant Genome 2: 78-92.
- Nayak SN, Balaji J, Upadhyay HD, Hash CT, KaviKishore PB, Chattopadhyay D, Rodrigues LM, Blair MW, Baum M, McNally K, This D, Hosington D and Varshney R (2009) Isolation and sequence analysis of DREB2A homologues in three cereal and two legume species. Plant Science 177: 460-467.
- Rao KP, Vani G, Kumar K and Sinha AK (2009) Rhythmic expression of mitogen activated protein kinase activity in rice. Molecules and Cells 28: 417-422.
- Saini V, Raghuvanshi S, Talwar GP, Ahmed N, Khurana JP, Hasnain SE, Tyagi Akhilesh K and Tyagi Anil K (2009) Polyphasic taxonomic analysis establishes Mycobacterium indicus pranii as a distinct species. PLoS One 4: e6263.
- Shridhar S, Chattopadhyay D and Yadav G (2009) PLecDom: A program for identification and analysis of plant lectin domains. Nucl. Acids. Res. 37: W452-458.
- Shukla RK, Tripathi V, Jain D, Yadav RK and Chattopadhyay D (2009) CAP2 enhances germination of transgenic tobacco seeds at high temperature and promotes heat stress tolerance in yeast. FEBS J. 276: 5252-5262.
- Solanke AU, Sharma MK, Tyagi AK and Sharma AK (2009) Characterization and phylogenetic analysis of environmental stress responsive SAP gene family encoding A20/AN1 zinc-finger proteins in tomato. Mol. Genet. Genomics 282: 153-164.
- Tripathi V, Parasuraman B, Laxmi A and Chattopadhyay D (2009) CIPK6, a CBL-interacting protein kinase is required for development and salt tolerance in plant. Plant Journal 58: 778-790.
- Tripathi V, Syed N, Laxmi A and Chattopadhyay D (2009) Role of CIPK6 in root growth and auxin transport. Plant. Signal. Behav. 4: 663-665
- Yadav G, Ghokhale RS and Mohanty D (2009) Towards prediction of metabolic products of polyketide synthases: An in silico analysis. PLoS Comp. Biol. 5: e1000351.
- Yadav G, Prasad BLA, Jha BK, Rai V, Bhakuni VK and Datta K (2009) Evidence for inhibitory interaction of hyaluronan binding protein 1 with S. pneumoniae hyaluronidase. J. Biol. Chem. 284: 3897-3905.
- Yadav RK, Shukla RK and Chattopadhyay D (2009) Soybean cultivar resistant to mungbean yellow mosaic India virus infection induces viral RNA degradation earlier than the susceptible cultivar. Virus Res. 144: 89-95.
|List of Publications (2008)|
- Agrawal L, Chakraborty S, Jaiswal DK, Gupta S, Datta A and Chakraborty N (2008) Comparative proteomics of tuber induction, development and maturation reveal the complexity of tuberization process in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.). J. Proteome Res. 7: 3803-3817.
- Bhatia S, Gangappa SN, and Chattopadhyay S (2008) SHW1, a common regulator of abscisic acid (ABA) and light signaing pathways. Plant Signal. Behav. 10: 862-864.
- Bhatia S, Gangappa SN, Kushwaha R, Kundu S and Chattopadhyay S (2008) SHORT HYPOCOTYL IN WHITE LIGHT1, a serine-arginine-aspartate rich protein in Arabidopsis, acts as a negative regulator of photomorphogenic growth. Plant Physiol. 147: 169-178.
- Chakraborty S, Pandey A, Datta A and Chakraborty N (2008) Nucleus. In: Agrawal GK, Rakwal R (eds) Plant Proteomics : Technology, Strategies and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New Jersey, USA, pp 327-338.
- Chopra T, Banerjee S, Gupta S, Yadav G, Anand S, et al. (2008) Novel Intermolecular Iterative Mechanism for Biosynthesis of Mycoketide Catalyzed by a Bimodular Polyketide Synthase. PLoS Biol. 6: e163.
- Goel D, Mallavarupu GR, Kumar S, Singh V and Ali V (2008) Volatile metabolite compositions of the essential oil from aerial parts of ornamental and artemisinin rich cultivars of Artemisia annua. Journal of Essential Oil Research 20: 1-6.
- Hofmann MG, Sinha AK, Proels RK and Roitsch T (2008) Cloning and characterization of a novel LpWRKY1 transcription factor in tomato. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 46: 533-540.
- Jain M, Khurana JP (2008). Small RNA regulation of rice homeobox genes. Plant Signal. Behav. 3: 1024-1025.
- Jain N, Shasany AK, Singh S, Khanuja SPS and Kumar S (2008) SCAR markers for correct identification of Phyllanthus amarus, P. fraternus, P. debilis and P. urinaria used in scientific investigations and dry leaf bulk herb trade. Planta Medica 74: 296-301.
- Jayaraman A, Puranik S, Rai NK, Vidapu S, Sahu PP, Lata C and Prasad M (2008) cDNA-AFLP analysis reveals differential gene expression in response to salt stress in foxtail millet (Setaria italica L.). Mol. Biotechnol. 40: 241-251.
- Kaur H, Shukla RK, Yadav G, Chattopadhyay D and Majee M (2008) Two divergent genes encoding L-myo-inositol 1-phosphate synthase1 (CaMIPS1) and 2 (CaMIPS2) are differentially expressed in chickpea. Plant, Cell and Environment 31: 1701-1716.
- Kota R, Varshney RK, Prasad M, Zhang H, Stein B, Graner A (2008) EST-derived single nucleotide polymorphism markers for assembling genetic and physical map of the barley genome. Functional & Integrative Genomics 8: 223-233.
- Kumar K, Rao KP, Sharma P and Sinha AK (2008) Differential regulation of rice mitogen activated protein kinase kinase (MKK) by abiotic stress. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 46: 891-897.
- Kushwaha R, Singh A, Chattopadhyay S (2008) Calmodulin 7 plays an important role as transcriptional regulator in Arabidopsis seedling development. Plant Cell 20: 1747-1759.
- Laxmi A, Pan J, Morsy M and Chen R (2008) Light plays an essential role in intracellular distribution of auxin efflux carrier PIN2 in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE 3: e1510.
- Mallappa C, Singh A, Ramu H, Chattopadhyay S (2008) GBF 1, a transcription factor of blue light signaling in Arabidopsis, is degraded in the dark by a proteasome - mediated pathway independent of COP 1 and SPA 1. J. Biol. Chem. 19: 35772-35782.
- Mishra RK, Chaudhary S, Gupta S, Mallavarupu GR and Kumar S (2008) Volatile metabolite components of Catharanthus roseus root. Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Science 30: 69-72.
- Pandey A, Chakraborty S, Datta A and Chakraborty N (2008) Proteomics approach to identify dehydration responsive nuclear proteins from chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Mol. Cell. Proteomics 7: 88-107.
- Panjabi P, Jagannath A, Bisht NC, Padmaja L, Sharma S, Gupta V, Pradhan AK and Pental D (2008) Comparative mapping of Brassica juncea and Arabidopsis thaliana using intron polymorphism (IP) markers: homeologous relationships, diversification and evolution of the A, B and C Brassica genomes. BMC Genomics 9: 113.
- Saxena G, Rahman LU, Verma PC, Banerjee S and Kumar S (2008) Field performance of somaclones of rose scented geranium (Pelargonium graveolens Lí Her Ex Ait.) for evaluation of their essential oil yield and composition. Industrial Crops and products 27: 86-90.
- Saxena G, Verma PC, Rahman LU, Banerjee S, Shukla RS and Kumar S (2008) Selection of leaf blight resistant Pelargonium graveolens plants regenerated from callus resistant to culture filterate of Alternaria. Alternate Crop Protection 27: 558-565.
- Sharma K, Agrawal V, Gupta S, Kumar R and Prasad M (2008) ISSR marker assisted selection of male and female plants in a promising dioecious crop-Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis), Plant Biotechnology Reports 2: 239-243.
- Shen H, Zhu L, Castillon L, Majee M, Downie B and Haq E (2008) Light-induced phosphorylation and degradation of the negative regulator PIF1 depends upon its direct physical interactions with photoactivated phytochromes. Plant Cell 20: 1586-1602.
- Singh A, Singh IK and Verma PK (2008) Differential Transcript Accumulation in Cicer arietinum L. in Response to a Chewing Insect Helicoverpa armigera and Defense Regulators Correlate with Reduced Insect Performance. J. Exp. Bot. 59: 2379-2392.
- Singh D, Rai SK, Rai SP, Srivastava S, Mishra RK, Chaudhary S, Sharma S and Kumar S (2008) Predominance of the serpentine route in monoterpenoid indole alkaloid pathway of Catharanthus roseus. Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad. 74: 97-109.
|List of Publications (2007)|
- Agrawal V, Sharma K, Gupta S, Kumar R and Prasad M (2007) Identification of sex in Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) using RAPD markers. Plant Biotechnology Reports 1: 207-210.
- Berger S, Sinha AK and Roitsch T (2007) Plant physiology meets phytopathology: relations between plant primary metabolism and plant-pathogen-interactions. J. Exp. Bot 58: 4019-4026.
- Bhushan D, Pandey A, Choudhary MK, Datta A, Chakraborty S and Chakraborty N (2007) Comparative proteomics analysis of differentially expressed proteins in chickpea extracellular matrix during dehydration stress. Mol. Cell. Proteomics 6: 1868 -1884.
- Biswas S, Van Dijck P, Datta A. (2007) Environmental sensing and signal transduction pathways regulating morphopathogenic detrminants of Candida albicans. Microbiol Mol. Biol. Reviews 71: 348-376.
- Dutta A, Sen J and Deswal R (2007) Downregulation of terpenoid indole alkaloid biosynthetic pathway by low temperature and cloning of a AP2 type C-repeat binding factor (CBF) from Catharanthus roseus (L). G. Don. Plant Cell Reports 26: 1869-1878.
- Dutta A, Singh D, Kumar S and Sen J (2007) Transcript profiling of terpenoid indole alkaloid pathway genes and regulators reveals strong expression of repressors in Catharanthus roseus cell cultures. Plant Cell Reports 26: 907-15.
- Goel D, Goel R, Singh V, Ali M, Mallavarupu GR and Kumar S (2007) Composition of the essential oil from the roots of Artemisia annua. Journal of Natural Medicines 61: 458-461.
- Gupta S, Pandey-Rai S, Srivastava S, Naithani SC, Prasad M and Kumar S (2007) Construction of primary genetic linkage map of medicinal plant Catharanthus roseus. J. Genet. 86: 259-268.
- Kumar S (2007) Mechanisms of heritable epigenetic variation mediated by cytosine methylation of nuclear genome in plants. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. India 77B: 19-30.
- Kumar S (2007) Tomato crop as a weed. Current Science 93: 747.
- Kumar S (2007) Taxonomy, the legacy of Linnaeus, transformed to phylogenomics. Current Science 92: 1475.
- Kumar S (2007) Conventional and new concepts of species and genetic mechanisms for the origin of species. Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad. 73: 111-120.
- Kumar S, Datta A, Sinha AK and Sen J (2007) Cloning, characterization and localization of a novel basic peroxidase gene from Catharanthus roseus. FEBS Journal 274: 1290-1303.
- Kumar S, Pandey-Rai S and Rai SK (2007) The cultivation of mints in India. In Mint: The Genus Mentha, Lawrence BM (Ed), CRC Press, Boca Raton 137-164.
- Kumar S and Prasad M (2007) Crop breeding prospects in the genomics era. Journal of New Seeds 8: 29-49.
- Shokeen B, Sethy NK, Kumar S and Bhatia S (2007) Isolation and characterization of microsatellite markers for analysis of molecular variation in the medicinal plant Madagascar periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don.). Plant Science 172: 441-451.
- Stein N, Prasad M, Scholz U, Thiel T, Zhang H, Wolf M, Kota R, Varshney RK, Perovich D, Grosse I and Graner A (2007). A 1000 loci transcript map of the barley genome - new anchoring points for integrative grass genomics. Theor. Appl. Genet. 114: 823-839.
- Varshney RK, Hoisington DA, Upadhyaya HD, Gaur PM, Nigam SN, Saxena K, Vadez V, Sethy NK, Bhatia S, Aruna R, Gowda MVC and Singh NK (2007) Molecular genetics and breeding of grain legume crops for the semi-arid tropics. In Springer publication: Genomic Assisted Crop Improvement: Vol 2: Genomics Applications in Crops; R. Varshney and R. Tuberosa (eds.) pp. 207-241.
|List of Publications (2006)|
- Bhushan D, Pandey A, Chattopadhyay A, Choudhary MK, Chakraborty S, Datta A and Chakraborty N (2006) Extracellular matrix proteome of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) illustrates pathway abundance, novel protein functions and evolutionary perspect. J. Proteome Res. 5: 1711-1720.
- Choudhary S, Sethy NK, Shokeen B and Bhatia S (2006) Development of sequence-tagged microsatellite site markers for chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Mol. Ecology Notes 6: 93-95.
- Goel D, Singh V, Ali M, Mallavarupu GR and Kumar S (2006) Essential oils of petal, leaf and stem of the antimalarial plant Artemisia annua. Journal of Natural Medicine 61: 187-191.
- Kumar S (2006) Apomixis revisited. Current Science 90: 277-278.
- Kumar S (2006) Progress in understanding of the genetic phenomenon paramutation. Current Science 91: 1002-1004.
- Kumar S (2006) Climate change and crop breeding objectives in the twenty first century. Current Science 90: 1053-1054.
- Kumar S, Chattopadhyaya D and Prasad M (2006): Criteria for the choice of plant species for genome sequencing, to advance plant biology and agriculture. Current Science 91:569-570.
- Kumar S and Prasad M (2006) Crop breeding prospects in the genomic era. Journal of New Seeds 8: 29-49.
- Mallappa C, Yadav V, Negi P and Chattopadhyay S (2006) A basic Leucine Zipper Transcription Factor, G-box-binding Factor 1, Regulates Blue Light-mediated Photomorphogenic Growth in Arabidopsis. J. Biol. Chem. 281: 22190-22199.
- Pandey A, Choudhary MK, Bhushan D, Chattopadhyay A, Chakraborty S, Datta A and Chakraborty N (2006) The Nuclear Proteome of Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) reveals predicted and unexpected proteins. J. Proteome Res. 5: 3301-3311.
- Pandey-Rai S, Mallavarupu GR, Naqvi AA, Yadav A, Rai SK, Srivastava S, Singh D, Mishra R and Kumar S (2006) Volatile compounds of leaves and flowers of periwinkle Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don from New Delhi. Flavour and Fragnance Journal 21: 427-430.
- Sethy NK, Shokeen B, Edwards KJ and Bhatia S (2006) Development of microsatellite markers and analysis of intraspecific genetic variability in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Theor. Appl. Genet. 112: 1416-1428.
- Sethy NK, Choudhary S, Shokeen B and Bhatia S (2006) Identification of microsatellite markers from Cicer reticulatum: molecular variation and phylogenetic analysis. Theor. Appl. Genet. 112: 347-357.
- Shukla RK, Raha S, Tripathi V and Chattopadhyay D (2006) Expression of CAP2, an AP2-family transcription factor from Chickpea enhances growth and tolerance to dehydration and salt tress in transgenic tobacco. Plant Physiol. 142:113-123
|List of Publications (2005)|
- Dutta A, Batra J, Pandey-Rai S, Singh D, Kumar S and Sen J (2005) Expression of terpenoid indole alkaloid biosynthetic pathway genes corresponds to accumulation of related alkaloids in Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don. Planta 220: 376-383.
- Hettiarachchi GHCM, Reddy MK, Sopory SK and Chattopadhyay S (2005) Regulation of TOP2 by Various Abiotic Stresses Including Cold and Salinity in Pea and Transgenic Tobacco Plants. Plant and Cell Physiology 46: 1154-1160.
- Kumar S (2005) Prospects for sustainable production of the antimalarial molecule artemisinin in India. National Academy of Science Letters 28: 325-338.
- Kumar S and Srivastava S (2005) Establishment of artemisinin combination therapy as first line treatment for combating malaria: Artemisia annua cultivation in India needed for providing sustainable supply chain of artemisinin . Current Science 89: 1097-1102.
- Mueller LA, Tanksley SD, Giovannoni JJ, Van Eck J, Stack S, Choi D, Kim BD, Chen M, Cheng Z, Li C, Ling H, Xue Y, Seymour G, Bishop G, Bryan G, Sharma R, Khurana J, Tyagi A, Chattopadhyay D, Singh NK, Stiekema W, Lindhout P, Jesse T, Lankhorst RK, Bouzayen M, Shibata D, Tabata S, Granell A, Botella MA, Giuliano G, Frusciante L, Causse M and Zamir D (2005) The tomato sequencing project, the first cornerstone of the international Solanaceae project (SOL). Comparative and Functional Genomics 6: 153-158.
- Shokeen B, Sethy NK, Choudhary S and Bhatia S (2005) Development of STMS markers from the medicinal plant Madagascar periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus L.) G. Don. Mol. Ecology Notes 5: 818-820.
- Yadav V, Chandrashekara M, Sreeramaiah NG, Bhatia S and Chattopadhyay S (2005) A basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor in Arabidopsis, MYC2, acts as a repressor of of blue light-mediate photomorphogenic growth. Plant Cell 17: 1953-1966.
|List of Publications (2004)|
- Batra J, Dutta A, Singh D, Kumar S and Sen J (2004) Growth and terpenoid indole alkaloid production in Catharanthus roseus hairy root clones in relation to left- and right-termini-linked Ri T-DNA gene integration. Plant Cell Reports 23: 148-154.
- Boominathan P, Shukla R, Kumar A, Manna D, Negi D, Verma PK and Chattopadhyay D (2004) Long term transcript accumulation during the development of dehydration adaptation in Cicer arietinum L. Plant Physiol. 135: 1608-1620.
- Kumar S, Rai SK, Pandey-Rai S, Srivastava S and Singh D (2004) Regulation of unipinnate character in the distal tendrilled domain of compound leaf-blade by the gene MULTIFOLIATE PINNA (MFP) in pea Pisum sativum. Plant Science 166: 929-940.
- Tewrai-Singh N, Sen J, Kiesecker H, Reddy VS, Jacobsen HJ and Guha-Mukherjee (2004) Use of a herbicide or lysine and threonine for non-antibiotic selection of transgenic chickpea. Plant Cell Reports 22: 576-583.
|List of Publications (2003)|
- Basak S, Raha T, Chattopadhyay D, Majumder A, Shaila MS and Chattopadhyay DJ (2003) Leader RNA Binding Ability of Chandipura Virus P protein is Regulated by its Phosphorylation Status: A Possible Role in Genome Transcription-Replication Switch. Virology 307: 372-385.
- Hettiarachchi GHCM, Yadav V, Reddy MK, Chattopadhyay S and Sopory SK, (2003) Light mediated regulation defines a minimal promoter region of TOP2. Nucl. Acids Res. 31: 5256-5265.
- Panday Rai S, Luthra R and Kumar S (2003) Salt tolerant mutants in GLYCOPHYTIC SALINITY RESPONSE (GSR) genes in Catharanthus roseous. Theor. Appl. Genet. 106: 221-280.
- Sethy NK, Shokeen B and Bhatia S (2003) Isolation and characterization of sequence-tagged microsatellite sites markers in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Mol. Ecol. Notes 3: 428-430.
|List of Publications (2002)|
- Azam M, Kesarwani M, Chakraborty S, Natarajan K and Datta A (2002) Cloning and characterization of 5'-flanking region of oxalate decarboxylase gene from Flammulina velutipes. Biochemical J. 367: 66-75.
- Bajpai S, Gupta AP, Gupta MM, and Kumar S (2002) Inter-relationships between morphine and codeine in the Indian genetic resources of opium poppy Papaver Somniferum. Journal of Herbs, Spokes and Medicinal Plants 8: 75-81.
- Chakraborty S, Chakraborty N, Jain D, Salunke DM and Datta A (2002) Active site geometry of oxalate decarboxylase from Flammulina velutipes: Role of histidine coordinated manganese in substrate recognition. Protein Sci. 11: 2138-2147.
- Chakraborty S, Sarmah B, Chakraborty N and Datta A (2002) Premature termination of RNA polymerase II mediated transcription of a seed protein gene in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Nucl. Acids Res. 30: 2940-2949.
- Prajapati S, Bajpai S, Singh D, Luthra R, Gupta MM and Kumar S (2002) Alkaloid profiles of the Indian land races of the opium poppy Papaver somniferum L. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 49: 158-180.
- Sarmah B, Chakraborty N, Chakraborty S and Dutta A (2002) Plant pre-mRNA splicing in fission yeast, Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biochem. Biophy. Res. Comm. 293: 1209-1216.
- Sen J, Kalia S and Guha-Mukherjee S (2002) Level of endogenous free amino acids during various stages of culture of Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper - somatic embryogenesis, organogenesis and plant regeneration. Current Science 82: 429-433.
- Thakur IS, Verma PK and Upadhyaya KC (2002) Molecular cloning and characterization of pentachlorophenol-degrading monooxygenase genes of Pseudomonas sp. from the chemostat. Biochem. Biophy. Res. Comm. 290: 770-774.
- Yadav V, Kundu S, Chattopadhyay D, Negi P, Wei N, Deng XW and Chattopadhyay S (2002) Light regulated modulation of Z-box containing promoters by photoreceptor and downstream regulatory components, COP1 and HY5 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 31: 741-753.
|List of Publications (2001)|
- Azam M, Kesharwani M, Natrajan K and Dutta A (2001) A secretion signal is present in the Collybia velutipes oxalate decatboxylase gene. Biochem. Biophy. Res. Comm. 289: 807-812.
- Prajapati S, Bajpai S, Gupta MM and Kumar S (2001) The floral androcarpel organ (ACO) mutation permits high alkaloid yields in opium poppy Papaver somniferum. Current Science 81: 1109-1112.
- Prajapati S and Kumar S (2001) Role of LLD, a new locus for leaflet/pinna morphogenesis in Pisum sativum. Journal of Biosciences 26: 607-625.
- Singh P, Ghosh S and Datta A (2001) Attenuation of virulence and changes in morp-hology in Candida albicans by disruption of the N-acetylglucosamine catabolic pathway. Infection and Immunity 69: 7898-7903.
- Thakur IS, Verma PK and Upadhyaya KC (2001) Involvement of plasmid in degradation of pentachlorophenol by Pseudomonoas sp. From a chemostat. Biochem. Biophy. Res. Comm. 286: 109-113.
|List of Publications (2000)|
- Chakraborty S, Chakraborty N and Datta A (2000) Increased nutritive value of transgenic potato by expressing a nonallergenic seed albumin gene from Amaranthus hypochondriacus. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci, USA. 97: 3724-3729.
- Kesarwani M, Azam M, Natarajan K, Mehta A and Datta A (2000) Oxalate Decarboxylase from Collybia velutips: Molecular Cloning and Its Over Expression to Confer Resistance to Fungal Infection in Transgenic Tobacco and Tomato. J. Biol. Chem. 275: 7230-7238.